Monday, June 4, 2012

Inspiration and Motivation

The past few weeks I have enjoyed getting together with friends.  One friend urged me to write, either a blog, or articles, or books, she said, and she "will read it".  Thanks Sandy, for the encouraging.  It brings me a smile to know that at least one friend will read my ramblings.

Then another friend who has been doing some creative writing shared a tip with me--write anywhere and anytime you want by using Evernote. I've had Evernote on my iPhone and iPad for a while now, and have been taking boring meeting notes on these, but it hadn't occurred to me that it could be used as a virtual writing pad, because I can access an updated note anywhere. My friend V has been writing in coffee shops, while waiting in the grocery checkout, on the sidelines of her child's sports practices, etc.  She said she is the most productive in the "car line" waiting to pick up her child from school!

As the queen of unfinished projects (I have an afghan I started knitting when I was a sophomore in college, and many, many other half-finished and not-yet-started projects since then) as well as the master of to-do lists (including an increasingly long list of "books to be written), I vow that I will take advantage of Evernote to finally start some of those "books to be written".

This will still be a less-refined collection of random thoughts and musings, but will serve well as the springboard of some of the Evernote entries.

1 comment:

  1. So glad Evernote is working out for you, Grace! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete